Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thanking God for Patience

I have been asking GOD for more patience for a while now. I told him that I knew that it would be a long, hard lesson. But, I knew it was a lesson I needed, and I was ready. I just realized today that I'm getting that lesson!!

I'm learning a lot by living with my parents again, selling my house, buying a new house, and waiting on a very overdue baby. I really feel like I've finally learned to let things go to God, and to not "sweat the small stuff" anymore! I'm so thankful for that. I've always had a hard time letting God have control of my life fully....I want to be in control, I want to do things MY way, you get the drift. But, I have finally learned to give it up!

Life isn't about me, it just isn't. It's about what God wants for me and my family. It doesn't matter what I want or what I think, etc. It's all about God's plan. And I'm so appreciative of that!!

The biggest challenge has been waiting on Katy. EVERYONE has their opinion on when she should come, what we should be doing to get her here, etc. But they just don't understand that, quite frankly, we don't care what they think. We know God has picked the perfect birthday for her and we are waiting on her. I get rude comments ALL the time from friends AND family about Katy. It's very discouraging to think that the people closest to me wouldn't be supportive. But I guess it's "human nature" to judge. Haha, sometimes I think if one more person says something about this baby I'm going to just punch them!! But I wouldn't ever...it's just tacky. Like I'm not feeling what they are saying.....like they are helping me or making me feel better by saying things about her being overdue. It's just tacky and rude of them.....but I know they don't realize it. Most people don't go overdue now because Dr.'s induce. And since we are homebirthing, it's throwing people off!! YES you can have a baby when your baby needs to come, not when your Dr. needs your baby to come.....I know what a NOVEL idea :) haha!!

See, here is my lesson. I'm so thankful, truly thankful, that God has control of my life, that I am walking with him, and doing all I can to be who he wants me to be. Gosh, it's hard!! It's the hardest thing I've ever done. But I love it!!

Well, thanks for listening to me vent/be joyful!!

~Blessings~

No comments: