Jeanne came by to see me today. Have I mentioned how much I love midwife appointments?
Blood Pressure was 120/65, perfect. Baby's heart rate was still in the 130's and showed great fluctuation, perfect. AND she's dropped another c.m.!!! My fundul height is 37 c.m. now, and it's been 38 c.m. for the past two weeks!! Wahoo!! I am swollen some today, but Jeanne wasn't concerned because I haven't been swollen at all this entire pregnancy. So she chalked it up to it being so darn hot and that I'm retaining water because of the heat. My blood pressure is still perfect, so we are not concerned with Pre-Eclampsia at all.
So, the bad news. My original due date was June 4th. So that puts me at 42+ weeks pregnant. Now, we went last Tuesday and had an ultrasound done. Roy (the ultrasound tech) thinks that my due date was off, and that she should have come around June 13th. That still puts me at 9 days past due. So, in order for my midwives to stay compliant with their "board" I have to go see one of their Dr. back-ups tomorrow. *Sigh* At 42+ weeks I'm having my first OB appointment. My husband, and both of my midwives are going with me, so that's good. And we are just going for a consultation to make sure all is well. He'll check my blood pressure, Katy's heart rate, etc. etc. And he'll do an internal check for dialation/effacement (which is why we didn't do a check today). And he might order another ultrasound since it's been a week since i've had a Biophysical Profile done, and maybe a Non-Stress Test to see if I am contracting, etc. So, a basic work-up! The great thing is that he and his entire staff are VERY VBAC/Home birth friendly, so there isn't going to be a guilt trip about our home birth choice, etc.
SO, if he gives us the ok, then we are ok. We will keep going on and keep trucking!! But if something is a miss (the placenta is getting too mature or if my fluid levels look low or if baby looks "stressed") then we will all be there to talk about my options. Since I'm a double VBAC, doing an artifical induction isn't an option for us (using Pitocin) because it'll cause too much stress on my uterus/baby. Which I'm against anyway, I DON'T want an artifical induction. And they might push for a repeat c-section, which I'm also dead set against (unless baby is not doing well of course).
So we will know more tomorrow. It is very frustrating and somewhat annoying that we are having to do this. BUT it's important to know that Katy is doing well. So, we are going with it! I'm SO releaved that Jeanne and Marilyn are going too!!! That way they can answer all of the questions, etc!! And with hubby, they'll be my rocks!!
So pray for us, say lots of prayers that Katy is well and that this OB gives us the ok!! My late grandmother's (Mom's mom) birthday is on Wednesday (June 24th) so we are praying Katy will come then. It'll at least give this delay a purpose....a reason....and how amazingly cool would that be?!?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, on another note! We've got a contract on our home!! We should close at the end of July!! I'm so excited to have that off of our shoulders!! And we are going to look at two homes tonight. We are really hopeful about one. It looks perfect online....so we'll see!!! Wahoo for new homes!! How fun!!
~Blessings~
2 comments:
you don't do anything the boring way do ya?! I've really enjoyed you sharing this whole process and I can't wait to get that facebook update that you are in labor! :)
i cant believe you guys sold the house so quickly in this market! what a blessing!
ypu should post links to the houses you are looking at, i love to look at real estate! it makes me feel like i am on house hunters!
hang in there girl- she will definitely come out!
Post a Comment