Monday, April 6, 2009

Midwife Appointment

Good Appointment!

I've put on 4 lbs these past 5 weeks. Which is very very good. Total weight gain thus far is 27 lbs. Excellent! My blood pressure was 110/65, which is great. My blood pressure 5 weeks ago was 110/60, so no blood pressure issues. I also have had no swelling, and I still have "Good Pee" haha!

Baby's heart rate was around 135. I swear this baby's heart rate has been so much lower than Maddy's and Izzy's! Their heart rates were always in the 150's and Katy Bug just wants to be different!! Katy has gotten pretty low, she's out of my ribs totally now (probably because of the surges I've been having) She is defiantly head down, and her head is right on top of my pelvis, but not engaged. Good signs! We don't want her engaged just yet! I'm also measuring (my belly or fundus height) right on target at 32 weeks.

I'm still having pre-term labor issues. Although I don't believe I am dilated any because I haven't passed any of my mucus plug, I am having contractions. It's odd because I never had pre-term labor issues with Maddy OR Izzy. I'm on "Modified Bedrest". Basically, when I'm on my feet too long I start contracting, I'll have a surge about every 20 minutes until I lay down and put my feet up. If I stay off my feet, I might have some light cramping if I get dehydrated, but I don't start having regular surges. It's been VERY difficult staying off my feet with little ones to take care of. But, Baby Katy is top priority right now, so I just HAVE to do what I HAVE to do to keep her in here until 36 weeks.

We are planning on moving in with my parents within the next couple of weeks. That way I won't have to worry so much about house work, and I'll have the extra help in the eveings from my folks. It's going to be cramped and difficult, but that's the only option we have! Jeanne doesn't have a problem with me still working two days a week because I can sit all day. Plus, graduation is just a month away. But she's concerned that the stress of my day-to-day life of my kids, selling the house, babysitting, teaching Sunday School AND college (plus work) is too much. So I am going to have to cut some things out. I'm probably going to have to stop babysitting, and the house is going to have to be put on the back burner, or at least I can't do much to it anymore.

Jeanne and I made our "game plan" for the birth. Plan A is, of course having her at home. I've got my check list of items I need to get together for the birth. Plan B, is if baby Katy decides to come before 36 weeks. Then we will head to Centennial Hospital in Nashville. They work the best with my midwives, and actually "house" my midwives doctor back-up. So they'll let Marilyn and Jeanne stay with me, still provide care, etc. SOOO we have our game plans!!

So Katy is healthy, and I am healthy. We just need LOTS of prayers that she stays put for at least 4 more weeks!! Can you believe I might have my little girl in as little as 4 weeks? Of COURSE I want her to wait the full 8-9 weeks to come to make sure she's good and ready!! But we are on the home stretch!!

So keep us in your prayers!!

~Blessings~

1 comment:

ansley13 said...

i'll keep you in my prayers! if you need anything (babysitter, etc.) let me know!