Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Prayers Needed for Katy

I've been up this morning since 2 a.m. with contractions. They are every 20-30 minutes, and have been all day. If I'm on my feet, they are painful. If I'm sitting, they are uncomfortable. So far, no changes in discharge, and cervix has become soft, but I am not dialiating. I'm only 30 weeks, so it's way too early for her to come. And way to early for me to have a safe home birth.

I'm drinking as many fluids I can get down and I'm staying OFF my feet! My midwives are concerned with the pattern of the contractions, and that they woke me up at 2 a.m. They are worried gravity is NOT being my friend. Baby is less active today than usual, but she is active. I'm exhausted, from being up since 2 a.m. and from dealing with this all day.

I'm not too worried, since I am not dialiating yet, and baby is active, and the contractions are not too painful, just mainly uncomfortable. So say a little prayer for us. That she stays put, and that these cramps GO AWAY!

~Blessings~

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hey Leslie,

Long time no talk! I ck ur blog once a while and wanted to let u know that we r praying for ya!
K was born @ 32 weeks so I know first hand how hard it it to have a premature birth! I had braxton hicks or prob real contractions for a while and then one day my water suddenly broke!