Friday, September 26, 2008

Walking God's Path

I pray during the day quite a bit. But I've been praying a lot here lately. I don't think their is anything more powerful than prayer.

I have a friend who's going through a tough split from her husband. A friend who wants a baby badly, another friend that wants another baby badly, a friend who has cancer, a friend who just lost a baby and their mom to cancer. I've been praying for this baby and this pregnancy a lot too. I feel so good, it's almost like it's too good to be true.

I've been praying for God to lead us to where we are supposed to be. Are we supposed to move soon? What career is my husband supposed to seek? What about mine? School? Are we supposed to have an OBGYN or a Midwife for this delivery?

Even though you all know my stance on birth, is it meant for us to use a Midwife, have a home birth, etc???

God is answering all of my questions!!!!!!

I LOVE when God opens doors!!!! I've done extensive research on VBA2Cs. I've spoken with hundreds and hundreds of women who have had successful VBA2Cs and those who haven't. I've spoken with more OBGYNs and hospitals and Midwifes than I can count. And you you know what it all leads back to......THE RISK OF COMPLICATIONS FROM ME HAVING ANOTHER C-SECTION IS GREATER THAN IF I HAVE A NATURAL DELIVERY!!!!!!!!! Crazy huh? It is the overwhelming concensious from all of the medical professionials I've spoken with. This is RIGHT not WRONG. I completly understand that everyone has varied opinions on this sensitive subject but for me this is RIGHT not WRONG!!!

So, God has lead us to the most amazing women!!!

My midwives are AMAZING!!!!! Marilyn and Jeanne are strong CHRISTIAN women. They are very realistic and believe every woman has the right to have the birth she wants. They understand (and so do I) that a VBA2C might not be in the cards for me, and then again it might. They've been a part of VBA2Cs that were successful home births, and they've been apart of VBA2Cs that resulted in another c-section. BUT THEY ARE GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRY!!!! And that is what means the most! I just want to try! If it works out or not is up to GOD!!!! He is leading me down this wonderful path!

And I told Jeanne today. I'm scared. I've never done this before. I have no idea what I'm doing!!! I'm so used to being told what to do and when to do it haha! I'm trusting in God but I'm still scared! She's such a sweet heart (I don't know what it is about preacher's wives but they sure know what to say and how to say it!). She really put me at ease!

It feels strange to not have called and made an appointment for a blood test to "confirm" my pregnancy. It feels a little weird that they are coming to my home for my preggo visits. But I love that! No medical intervention means no medical intervention. I'm going to receive the best care, and this baby is going to receive the best care. And it's all going to be the coolest thing......I'm just in awe still that this door has been opened!!

But there are still so many questions to be answered. How do I get a birth certificate or a Social Security Number for the baby? Do I want to rent a tub? How am I going to cope with labor pains? Am I going to take classes? Who's going to watch the girls while I labor? Are they going to stay here or go to a family members? How are we going to deal with all of the na sayers, espeically in my own family? How are we going to pay for it all?

I trust that God will answer all of these questions!!!!

So, I'm going to ask that you please keep everyone at the top of this blog on your prayer list and please keep us on your prayer list as we go through the next 9 months.

Thank you all for reading this and walking down this path with me. Weather you agree with what we are doing or not, we really appreciate every single person that is on our lives. You are all beyond precious to us and we L-O-V-E every single one of you!!!!

~Blessings~

No comments: