Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Update

Well Ladies And Gentlemen!! I've got some news for you today!!

First things first. I have to say a HUGE congrats to my friends Janet and Mark Carlton. They are leaving MONDAY to go pick up their baby boy, Nathan Daniel, from Mexico!! I don't know exactly how old he is but I do know he's just a little younger than my Izzy who's 16 months old. I'm not sure how long they'll be gone, but they have all of their appointments set up while they are there and I know once they get checked into their hotel Nathan will be brought to them and he'll stay with them from then on!! They've had this trip postponed once, so this is great!! Janet and Mark have had a rough couple of years. So getting this beautiful baby boy means more than anyone will ever know!!

Ok, now to the next thing! Kennye and Jared have their ultrasound on Thursday to find out if they are having a baby boy or a baby girl! Please keep them in your prayers! Maddy thinks it's a girl and wants to name her Sophie haha! I don't think Kennye and Jared planned on having to run names through Maddy before they named their own child haha!

Maddy has her ultrasound in the morning at 8:30 a.m. We will go immediately after the ultrasound and see Dr. Humphrey to get the results. Several of my mommy friends that are nurses have said that it is very normal for doctors to order Ultrasounds on Kidneys and Bladders of little girls who get UTI's. Actually, they said it's pretty uncommon NOT to get one. So that puts my mind at ease! Please keep her (and her kidneys and bladder) in your prayers!

Please pray for Justin this weekend. He has a store opening and is working all weekend.

I went today and did a bulletin board in my classroom. I have 3. The one I did today has this huge tree on it. I crumpled up paper to give it texture. It has green grass and a blue sky, a sun and a cloud, and flowers. It says, "Great and Small God Created Them All". It's so cute! I'm very proud! But of course I didn't bring my camera, so I'll take a picture of it by Sunday and post. One of the other boards I'm going to split into two and have one side my calendar so we can work on days of the week and the other side will be birthdays. And the last one is kind of yet to be determined. I've found some cute ideas but I'm not sold on anything yet. I've gotten a months worth of lesson plans done. Janice, the director, said I could "think outside the box" and I am. Don't get me wrong, the crafts and the projects are awesome! I just want to make sure that my students are getting the most out of this class. Their parents are paying for it!! And I would want a teacher to smash as much into my kids heads as possible! Here is a basic rundown of my Tuesday/Thursday schedule:

8:55-9:30 Students Arrive and free play (blocks, puzzles, toys)
9:30-10:00 Snack/ Bible Story Time
10:10:30 Craft that goes along with Bible Story
10:30-11:00 Gym Time or Outside Time (subject to change)
11:00-11:30 Movie Time with Director (subject to change)
11:30-12:30 Lunch
12:30-1:00 Craft about a color
1:00-1:30 Seasonal Craft
1:30-2:00 TV Time/ Book Time (from special helper)

There are a couple of things I know I'll have to move around a little bit. I'm not exactly sure what time I'll be getting a TV, or what time my play time is, etc. But other than that I'm pretty set. I've also found an extra activity (craft or game) and a song for each lesson. Just in case we have extra time. I'm going to start off each morning with stretching and getting rid of "I can't". I just don't like hearing a 3 year old say, "I can't"!! I'm pretty proud of getting things set up!! I know this is going to rock!

I spoke to financial aid at Lipscomb and Maggie suggested that I drop some courses. Right now I am registered for 18 hours, yikes I know. But I'm desperate to get done! So I'm going to have to drop down until I get below my Stafford Loans. Which is ok. 18 hours is probably way too much for me to handle while teaching Sunday School, teaching Sonshine School 2 days a week, and having two kids and babysitting 3. So....I'm ok with dropping some! Plus Izzy won't start school until like 2012, and I don't want to teach "real" school until she's in school, so it'll probably work out for the best if I drop! I'm just waiting on my advisor to tell me which ones to drop.

Gosh what else....Maddy and I have still been having a hard time. I'm praying about it. She's such a good kid, she just has these moments. I keep telling myself it could be so much worse! We are working on the attitude. I think I'm making progress. I just need prayers for my temper. She pushes all of the right buttons and before I know it I'm yelling at her or spanking her. And I hate that, I just hate it, more than anything in this world, I hate it!!!!

I would also like to ask for prayers for my family. I'm not going to go into details, just please pray for peace, resolution and understanding.

Ok, that's all I've got for now! My posts are going to slow down a lot. With my busy schedule I just can't post like I used to....I hardly have time for a drink of water and a bathroom break haha!! But I promise to post as often as I can!!

~Blessings~
Leslie

OH if ya'll know of any websites that are AWESOME for teaching resources, ie bible lessons, crafts, etc.....let me know!!!! THANKS!!

No comments: