Monday, July 14, 2008

Squash Casserole

My friend Sarah gave me some Squash on Saturday from her garden. So, tonight I found a recipe in the "Owl Hollow Church of Christ Cook Book" that my mother-in-law gave me. It was so fabulous. Partly because of a good recipe and partly because of good squash! So, here is the recipe:

By: Sandra K. Phillips

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tbsp. maonnaise
1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed
2 eggs, beaten
dash of salt and pepper
4-5 squash, sliced
1 onion, sliced
Hand full of Cheddar Cheese (which Miss Phillips didn't include but I threw in for good measure)

Slice squash and cook with onion in a skillet (I added a bit of oil in to help cook veggies in my cast iron skillet). Cook until Squash is tender. Mix all ingredients, except crackers and add to cooked squash. Mix well, put in a dish and top with crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.

SOOOO YUMMIE!!!!!!

~Blessings~

Leslie

No comments: