I called the doctor and they did want to see Maddy. We got an appointment at 3:15. Maddy has a bad UTI. They put her on antibiotics and strict orders about no baths (Maddy's scared of showers so tonight we had a bath without sitting in the water), no cokes (which she doesn't drink anyway), drink lots of cranberry juice, don't swim for a long period of time etc. Which won't mean a huge lifestyle change for Maddy. She was running a fever today at the doctors office and weighed 36 lbs. Dr. Humphrey also thinks that Maddy's severe mood changes have been because of the UTI. He said they make you feel awful (especially if she's been running a fever), so of course she would be moody.
I'm thankful for all of the prayers! I hate that my little girl is sick, but at least we know what it is and we can get it fixed! They sent her urine to be cultured just to make sure that the antibiotic she's on will fight the type of infection she has.
Ok, I'm off to bed!
~Blessings~
Leslie
3 comments:
am glad she is getting meds and you know what it is. I am also glad to know that accidents like that are most likely the result of an UTI i did not know that since I have never had one before.
I am so glad you took her!! She will feel better soon. Tell her I love her and am praying for her (and you!). Love you!
Poor Maddy! Hope you will all get some relief soon! I guess no bubble baths for a little while. :) Love you guys!
Janet C
Post a Comment