Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert

This past Sunday's service was about death and how God didn't intend for us to die. How death is the enemy and how God doesn't want us to die in car crashes or from strokes. BUT what a cool thing death is. It's the doorway to heaven. How we leave our bodies here and eventually get new ones. And how Jesus opened up the door to heaven when he was crucified on the Cross. Well I've been thinking about all of that a lot lately. I've always been scared of death, I didn't want to leave my family. What would my girls do if I died? Since that sermon I've been at peace with dying. Because I know that we are all reunited in the end, and that this life is NOTHING compared to heaven. I'm still confused on some things. Does God know when we are going to die? Does he pick how we die? I dunno....maybe I'm not supposed to know.

Well Tim Russert passed away today. From a heart attack they said on the news. He was the moderator on "Meet the Press". I loved the guy!!! He was only 58 and had a wife and a son. Say a little prayer for his wife and son. And for his friends. I'm sure this is terribly difficult!!

I've been complaining for a month or two now about not having enough room for the girls stuff, toys and clothes. And I was doing laundry today, thinking, where am I going to put this? And it dawned on me, what an amazing problem to have! We are so abundantly blessed that we are busting at the seems with clothes and toys for our kids. So, I'm going to stop complaining now. I'm so thankful for that problem!!

Well, I'm super tired! But I sold a baby mobile! The guy is coming to pick it up today. That's an extra $15.00 in my pocket, ya!! I'm super excited about picking up our swingset tomorrow. We bought it from a guy on craigslist. The kids are going to LOVE it!!

I'm going to get off here and go find more stuff to put on craigslist!! I'm selling everything BUT the kitchen sink!!!!

~Blessings~

Leslie

No comments: