Even though I knew it was going to be tough I decided to change my diet. I cut out the gluten, the dairy, eggs, potatoes and all of the other things that were on my list as "no"! I also started taking supplements to ensure that I was getting the nutrition and maintaining hormone balance that I needed.
It hasn't been easy. I have to make just about everything that I eat. I can no longer go to sonic or McDonald's and grab and go. I have to carefully plan out each meal to make sure that I'm not getting anything that's gonna make me sick. This past weekend we went to Whole Foods and Publix and picked up a bunch of wonderful things. On Sunday my husband and I spent two hours just preparing meals for the week.
I will say over the past two weeks that I have felt better than I have in a long time. My energy and my focus is returning this past week I lost 2 1/2 pounds without even trying. I am on the right track. ButIt's not easy living this way; it's not easy to feed children who also have food restrictions. But this is our life and we are going to be healthy. So each day I'm going to write in and tell you how I'm feeling and give you some food ideas as to what I'm eating and maybe it will help someone who is dealing with the same things that I am. It is extremely overwhelming to get a diagnosis like this. But slowly step-by-step you get through it! Until tomorrow....
No comments:
Post a Comment