Thursday's are amazing, and hard.
About a month ago hubby and I hired a lady to come clean our home once a week. We were both very surprised to learn that we could actually afford that. And Lord knows mama needs it! So Thursday's are wonderful because I go to work, I hang out with my favorite little people (besides my kids of course) and then I come home to an amazingly clean home!
Thursday's are also hard because hubby has class. So I'm stuck to do dinner and bedtime by myself. I don't know why it's easier with hubby home....maybe the emotional support? The girls just LOVE seeing their daddy and playing in the evenings! And it didn't help that they both woke up at 5:30 this morning....yikes!
We are all feeling GREAT!!!! Izzy had the "tummy" thing on Monday Night/Tuesday Morning. I sent Maddy off to school via Justin and Iz and I stayed home. It was Pajama day at school on Tuesday and Maddy just couldn't stand to miss out! Izzy's over it now, but geeze, I don't like the tummy thing!! Praise the Lord because Maddy and I haven't gotten sick! I don't want it!
Maddy is doing well. She has been pretty congested over the past week. And her poor nose is rubbed red! But she has special tissues with lotion that help a lot, and she's on a decongestant medicine. So hopefully it'll clear up soon!!
I'm feeling well. My tummy has really popped. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and Katy should be finally weighing about a pound. I have only put on about 8 pounds this pregnancy. I'm still able to wear "normal" shirts as long as they are the empire waist and "normal" jeans with the special belt loop holder thing so I don't have to button them. So I guess I've only put on weight in my tummy. Which is GREAT! I guess I've finally realized that I don't have to gain a ton while pregnant!! It's too hard for me to loose it all!! I feel wonderful, although I swear Katy is trying to kick out of my cervix....ouch! She knows exactly where to kick/punch to leave a mark! She's very active now and even Justin is able to feel her knocking around in there. I'll try to take a picture tonight and post. She's really sticking her butt out today ;)
I'm reading an amazing book. It's Ina Mae Gaskin's "Guide to Childbirth". If your pregnant, or are thinking about becoming pregnant, go to Barnes and Noble tonight and get it. It'll change your view of pregnancy/birth forever. It doesn't just prepare you for birth, it prepares you for what is going on with your body during pregnancy. It'll change your life. I only wish I had the book while pregnant with my other princesses! But at least I have it know. It's helping me prepare for our home birth a lot!
We are also doing the hypnobirthing home study. We are practicing the relaxation techniques frequently and they are amazing, even for my day-to-day. Hubby is really enjoying helping. I never thought he would be into this whole thing, and half expected to be doing this by myself. But he's jumped on board 100%. And I'm thrilled. I highly suggest this method, even if you are planning a hospital birth. It's an amazing technique that really puts you in touch with yourself!! Beautiful!!
Isn't birth beautiful? Sigh. I would have a thousand babies if I could just give birth to them and not be pregnant for the almost 10 months before :) (ok not really but you get my point!)
Justin is doing really well. He is working a lot and taking classes. He is anxious to graduate! He has had some promising news over the past week or so. We'll have to wait and see how things pan out before I post! I just can't express how proud I am of my husband!
Well I'm thinking about some Chinese Food for dinner. Justin's on a diet and won't eat it with me often. And, since he's in class tonight, I think I might make a run for it!
~Blessings~
1 comment:
I wish I had the same attitude about birthing as you do! Apparently, I really need to check out that book!
Oh, send your cleaning lady over here please!
Post a Comment