Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Prayers and Peace

Please keep Kennye, Jared and baby Hannah in your thoughts and prayers. Everyone is doing fine, so please don't worry! They came home yesterday and I would appreciate prayers for peace, and patience, and getting a good start. Ya'll know how difficult and weird it is to come home with your first baby! So just keep them on your mind over the next week!

I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions. Can you believe it? I can't! I never felt them with Maddy or Izzy. I read that they start at 6 weeks but most women don't feel them until the very end of their pregnancy, if at all. And I never felt them. I called Jeanne, and she said all is well. I love her! But they are weird. Not painful, but not comfortable. I'll be in the middle of something and have to stop and remind myself that this isn't something to worry about, it's not hurting me or baby. Baby is moving around well, I'm feeling lots of kicks/punches and flutters. Ah, love those!

I took the girls to the doctor yesterday. My mom, Sister, myself, Maddy and Izzy all have eczema. Well all of ours is manageable. I have a little cream I can put on my elbows or knees if it flares up bad. But Izzy has chronic dry skin. I have tried everything I can think of to keep her comfortable and up until Sunday she hadn't itched or messed with it. Once she figured out how good scratching felt, I knew it was time for doctor intervention. Dr. Humphrey is an amazing doctor! He said both girls are doing well! Maddy is 39lbs and Izzy is 24lbs. WOW!! And Maddy's skin was just mildly flared up yesterday, but Izzy's skin was fully flared up. So he said to ditch all soaps and lotions except Cetaphil. Apparently it's what a dermatologist would recommend. Since Eczema is chronically dry skin, it's something we'll have to deal with all of our lives, but the Cetaphil soap and lotion will keep it manageable. He also gave me a prescription for a cream to put on their skin IF it cracks. It has a mild steroid in it, I'm leery about it, but he said it wouldn't bother them since the dosage of steroid in the cream and the dosage I would put on her is so small. Whew!

Justin and I are praying like crazy for their skin. Izzy's in particular, it was so bad last night!! Please pray that this soap and lotion and the cream does the trick and she gets some relief and peace!!

Well schools here are opening 2 hours late because of Ice. I'm not sure what that means for me, do we have preschool today? I'm going to get off and go find out!

~Blessings~

No comments: