Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Brain Dump

I'm taking a class right now with one of the most unorganized teachers I've ever had. She's taught preschool longer than I've been alive. But this is her first time teaching this course. We have to observe 6-8 year olds. We just submitted our papers on our observations of 3-4 year olds and last week she didn't tell us what school to go to. So this week we asked and she said, "You haven't found a school yet? Typically you find your own school to go to!". So while on our break (It's a long class that meets once a week) the class got into a discussion about it and no one knew we were supposed to find our own school to observe. Our teacher, after further probing, finally said we were to call the principle and it was up to them what grade we would observe. Sigh. I have a week to complete this plus a project she just assigned last night. This course shouldn't be hard. It's Human Development 2. Not hard! But she is making it difficult. I'm very discouraged. I was finally feeling like I was on the downward slide for this semester and now I'm stressed with the amount of work due next week.

Next semester isn't going to be better. Going to school full time while having children is very difficult. If you're thinking about doing it, don't! You sacrifice much more than you know. I still have 5 or 6 semesters left if I stay full time. Next semester is going to be insaine! I'm going to be pretty pregnant and I'm taking a killer semester. Full time again. But after next semester I'll probably have to go back to part time because of the baby ;).

Ok enough about the vent, I'm sorry just to dump that all out there. It's still fresh on my mind from last night's class!

I'm going to go now and start getting ready for the day, It's already 7:30 and I'm still in bed!! Haha! I hope you all have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Dang, that sucks that school/your teacher has been so rough. Just a few more weeks, right?