Life is amazing. I'm so thankful that God has given me life, given life to my husband, and to my beautiful daughters and this beautiful baby on the way! I just can't express how thankful I am for the blessing of life!!
My sister-in-law Kennye is blessing our family with Hannah Claire in December! My sister blessed us with Bailey Paige in July! And my friend Laura blessed us with baby Austin in June! We are blessed beyond belief!
I would like to ask for prayers. I have been exposed to a virus called 5th disease. It's a common childhood illness for kids 5-15. Most adults are immune to the disease (it's a Parvo virus but not related to the one in animals that is dangerous) because they've had it as children. But it's potentially dangerous to women who are pregnant in the first trimester. 1 in 3 babies are affected because the virus crosses the placenta. It can cause the baby to become dangerously anemic. And thus cause a miscarriage, which can occur weeks after the mom has become infected.
I don't know if I ever had the disease as a child. If I did then I should be immune. And the child that I teach that has the disease didn't present any symptoms at school that I remember, but that doesn't mean anything. I took a blood test yesterday and should have the results back by the beginning of the week.
But I'm 9 weeks pregnant today. Tuesday I presented with cold like symptoms, which could be the beginning of the 5th disease virus. I was so sick that Justin had to stay at home from work yesterday. So, if I am infected with the disease, it could be very harmful to my innocent little baby.
So please say an extra prayer that I just have a nasty cold and not 5th disease. And if I am infected, please please pray that it doesn't cross over to my innocent little baby. He/She is too defensless and helpless!
I have to brag on my husband! He was amazing yesterday! He came home and cleaned up for me because I had to lay in bed while he had to go in to work for a few hours. And the kids just ran rampid. If they could smash it in the carpet they did! And if they could scribble on it, they did! I was so out of it, and sick I couldn't do hardly anything but lay! So hubby cleaned all of that up. He also cooked dinner!! It was perfect, amazing chicken, biscuits, mac and cheese and peas! Perfect! And I hadn't laid anything out for dinner! He wasn't feeling great either! He's hurt his back somehow! But he's amazing. I'm beyond blessed to have that man in my life!!
THANK-YOU HONEY!!
Ok, I have to go give my smurf baby (yes Izzy colored herself blue with blue marker yesterday) a good long soaking!!
~Blessings~
1 comment:
praying for you and your little one!
jess
Post a Comment