Who knew a child could bleed so much in one day and NOT need a trip to the ER!!! My goodness. It's only 5:15 and I'm exhausted!!
This morning I go to the bathroom after the girls ate their breakfast. (I know, what was I thinking going to pee). I come back, what 10 seconds later, and Izzy had cut her thumb. I have one of those razors that has the shaving lotion built into the razor and you just replace the razor top when it gets dull. Well I haven't been able to find a replacement head in like days! I could have sworn I had a new pack, but I wasn't able to locate a single one! OK back to Izzy. She cut her thumb with the razor head!!!! How in the world did she find one when I can't find them?!?!?!
So I put a Barbie band-aid on it. She pulls it off. I put two on, she pulls them off. Now at this point there is blood everywhere. She doesn't care, she's touching everything!! She thinks it's super cool that she's getting this stuff everywhere! So I take her into my bathroom and wrap her thumb in gauze and wrap the gauze in bandage tape, and I wrap it around her whole hand! She can't get it off, but she looks like she's been abused. Poor baby!
Ok, house cleaned up, I'm starting to do my chores again (it's been like an hour and a half of trying to get the thumb under control). I make the girls lunch. We play, then it's nap time. I swear they are in their room for 25 minutes when I hear, "Mom! Izzy's Mouth is Bleeding!"
I go running (I literally leaped the couch!) into their room. And sure enough it was! But it wasn't bleeding bad. Maddy said Izzy was just drinking her sippie cup and her mouth started bleeding. I don't know how that happened. Maybe she bit her tongue somehow? Who knows. So I check her out. And an hour and a half later, she's good, and finally asleep.
This has been an all day struggle. I'm exhausted and I haven't done a thing. And please don't think of me as an abusive mother, or an unclean mother. My home is very clean. Maybe not so organized but very clean. So I don't have sharp objects like razor's laying around everywhere! I'm still trying to figure out how the dickens got that razor head.
Well Maddy has agreed to help me clean up so we can go take a bike ride. I'm so thankful for my kids haha! If this is a sign of Izzy's.......how should I say it.....dare-devil-ness......not being scared of blood, to wipe it everywhere, to play with things that hurt......I'm in for it....geez!!
Oh, I redid my myspace page in the 25 minutes the girls were in there room. It looks GREAT! Check it out :)
myspace.com/lesliecoker
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment