Yes, someone pushed the FF button on my life! I've been thinking about it a lot here lately. How quickly things are happening. It just seems like yesterday my sister called and told me she was expecting and Bailey will be a month old tomorrow!! Kennye is due with a precious baby girl in 4 months!! Lyssa and Brooks are getting married in October. So is my oldest friend Michelle (by oldest I mean we've known each other FOREVER, she isn't old haha)!! I start teaching in a week and a half. Justin and I start school back on Monday. There is an MTSU game next Thursday. Dance classes begin in two weeks for the girls. I start babysitting Lexi in a week......
But you know what bothers me the most. That my babies are not babies anymore. I guess I just always knew Maddy would grow up. She's my oldest, and I just always expected that to happen. But for some reason I keep expecting Izzy to stop growing! She's already 17 months old!!!! This week she has taken a huge interest in baby dolls. She wants to feed them those pretend bottles that when flipped upside down it looks like the milk/juice goes down. Yes, my little Isabella is a little mommy. Just like her sister, just like I was.
I guess it's ok. I love the girls I have, the girls they are growing up to be!! I'm proud of them!!
I think it's terribly ironic how your children grow up to be just like you! And my beautiful daughters are just like me, exactly like me. Scary huh? I hope I can teach my children the good things I love about myself, like my independence, but I hope I can raise them without passing on some of my undesirable traits, like my temper or my stubbornness!!
I've been thinking a lot about having more children. Yes, I'll admit it. I have baby fever. Justin doesn't though. He really really doesn't. He's so logical, which is one of the things I am not. I think with my heart, he thinks with his head. That is why we are a good pair, we even each other out!! So, we are praying that God will lead us down the path we are supposed to be going down. We don't have a lot of money, but we have a lot of love to give still. I would love to have another daughter! Who knows!!
I do have some good news to share! Nathan (the boys dad) isn't working 3rd shift anymore! What a huge blessing for Cathy and Nathan!! They've wanted to be off 3rd shift and out from under the thumb of Nissian for a while now.....and it has happened!! Praise God for that BLESSING!!!
I hope God blesses your day. I know mine has already been blessed more than I deserve (yes I'm a Dave Ramsey listener!)
~Blessings~
No comments:
Post a Comment