Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bye Bye Lipscomb

Well it looks like Lipscomb is not going to happen for me. It's way too expensive, about $475 a credit hour which for 18 hours for me this semester would mean $8550!! And I just can't afford that! I mean, it's a beautiful wonderful school, and I'm pretty disappointed! BUT God has a plan, and maybe my plan for Lipscomb wasn't his plan. And I'm cool with that!

Mom and I sat down (did I mention recently how cool my mom is?) and we found me some classes to take so I can go full time in the Fall. I'm just waiting on MTSU to post my Praxis I scores and for a teacher to do a pre-req waiver. At MTSU I get 1/2 off of my tuition until I'm 26 because my mom works there. So I'm going to end up paying about 1/4 of what I would have paid Lipscomb.

The bad news? I'm not going to be able to babysit after this semester. I'm going to call Annie and Cathy today. So please pray for me! I love those kids!! And I haven't even started watching Lexi yet!! But I do love them! But if I want to finish school under my mom's discount, which would be silly for me not to do, I've got to make school a priority!

The good news? I'm not going to have to drive nearly as much, I'm not going to be in nearly as much debt as I would have been going to Lipscomb, and it'll just be much more convenient!!

I love God's plan! Thanks for all of the prayers!

~Blessings~
Leslie

1 comment:

Elizabeth S said...

I am sorry! I know how much you wanted that, but I also know that God's plans always turn out to be better than ours! And Stephen was paying $627 a credit hour there! So his two classes he is taking right now are costing us $5000! O well. Let me know if you need some help watching the girls! Love you!