Sunday, July 6, 2008

NO TELEVISION!!!!

Whew What a Weekend!!

Well, of course Friday was the 4th of July. Justin and I took the girls up to our church. They had three jump houses and free drinks. Maddy had such an amazing time!! They also had an orchestra!! They were SO good! Izzy danced so much to them! It was such a beautiful night, with a nice breeze! Perfect! We took a blanket and sat out by the North Blvd. Church of Christ sign and watched the fireworks with our friends the Shirley's. The only downer was that my friend Megan came with her family and we lost each other right before the fireworks and didn't get a chance to sit with each other through them. But that's ok! They had a great time! And so did we!!

Here are the pictures of the two hair bows I made the girls. I've been so busy with school stuff I didn't have an opportunity to make them the dresses I started.
Saturday we went down to Winchester and went through Granny Dot's house. The girls got so dirty but it was really nice! Jan gave the girls these beautifully embroidered hankies Dot made. They also gave Justin lots of tools and we also took home the big metal swing and put it in our back yard under our one tree!! Justin had to borrow a trailer so he loaded up the tractor, and some of it's accessories that had been clogging our garage. He's going to take them back down on Wednesday evening. We ended up taking everything out of the garage and cleaning it out! I found a lot of things to sell on Craigslist, I just need to go take pictures and post them. We are just about desperate for money right now!!

Today we went to 1st service at church instead of 2nd service. It was so great! Maddy got to go to Glory Garden and hang out with Mrs. Elizabeth, one of her all time favorite people! And Izzy hung out in the nursery. So Justin and I actually got to listen to a full service! WOW!! And Sunday School was good too! I will actually be teaching the class by myself next Sunday because the lady I help, Ashley, is going to be out of town. I'm so excited! It'll be my first Sunday School Class that I actually teach by myself. I can't wait to have my own class! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE helping!!! But when the time is right I would love to have my own class someday!

After we left church we went to moms and daddy and Justin took down all of her kitchen cabinents. Ya! Their Kitchen renovation is officially under way!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I think Justin and I have figured out a way to help us financially! We are going to get rid of one of our cars and get a cheap van. That way we will eliminate our highest car payment and bring down our car insurance. That alone will save us about $300 a month!!! I'm also going to cancel our TV and Cabel from comcast. I can get something through my blackberry that gives my laptop internet access!! (And we wouldn't have internet if I wasn't taking online classes) Then we can sell our desktop computer, which will give us money for savings. We are also going to sell Justin's golf clubs, an electric mower, and several other things!!

SO hopefully we will have all of this worked out soon! I'm so thrilled! We are going to have to bite the bullet and take a hit on the car, but that's ok. We made a huge mistake getting to heavy into car payments and we are going to have to take the hit, move on, and NEVER make the same mistake again!!

We are just so thankful we are going to be able to do some things to get out of a mess! GOD is so good because he teaches us a lesson with everything we do! I was so worried about how I was going to afford to go to Lipscomb for classes 3 nights a week, and God showed us the solution! He's amazing!

We don't want to be rich with money. We are rich with far more important things! The only thing I want is less stress from our money woes! And I think we are on our way!!

Ok, enough rambling, I have to go do some research on my blackberry!!

~BLESSINGS~

Leslie

1 comment:

Elizabeth S said...

I am glad to know I am one of Maddie's favorite people!! She is so sweet. And I hear ya on the craigslist stuff. I have some things to list too but I just can't find the time to list them!! Let's get together soon.