I found this website: Christianity.com. And I've been doing a daily devotional: Parenting by Design. It's a great devotional. I know I'm a Christian. But there is still so much I don't understand. So much scripture I don't know! So check it out! Today's was about prayer and about how God can finish our sentences because he understands we may not always know how to pray!
Rom 8:26-27: “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will”
It's so neat that I read this devotional this morning. I was just thinking last night about how to pray. If I was doing it right, etc. I'm terrible about being in the middle of a prayer and my thoughts just trailing off. I'll pick back up praying a few minutes later. I've always felt terrible about doing that. I think it's just disrespectful. I've always had thoughts that wondered! But I'm glad God understands!
Isn't it amazing that when you need something God gives it, whether it's food or a lesson??
On a different note! We have a new little friend! She's the cutest kitten and she just adopted us yesterday. I've kept her outside, except for the two times she ran in. Clay (My year and half old lab/ sheppard mix) is scared to death of her, it's so funny to see my huge dog scared of this time kitten. She's black with white paws. She's the cutest! BUT she belongs to someone. She has a purple coller. I'm going to make fliers if she doesn't go home by the end of the week. Maddy named her Bella Grace and I think it fits her perfectly! Please pray that she goes home, or her owner finds her! Since she's a kitten I think she belongs to a family with kids and I don't want to break some poor kids heart because their kitten ran away!
And I guess my 13 year old over weight cat Fluffy ran away last night. If she does feel froggy and goes outside, she always comes back by 1 in the morning. BUT she hasn't this time. I wonder if she smelled Bella Grace and bolted! She doesn't have front claws and she's always been an indoor cat so I'm afraid she won't do well on her own! Please pray for her to come back to us!!
~Blessings~
Les
No comments:
Post a Comment