Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Prayer Requests

Well I have AMAZING news! My friend had a baby boy, her third child/son about 3 weeks ago. They knew Jake would be born with a heart problem. And he had surgery shortly after his birth. They took him for a check-up this past week and the pressure on his little heart was 3 times what it should have been. So, they did open-heart surgery on him yesterday. And he came through like a champ! He did very well! A 3 week old!!! Now you tell me GOD didn't have a hand in that!! They are such an amazing family!! And this is such a BLESSING!! I would still like to ask for prayers for Rachel (mom), Drew and Josh (sons) and Paul (dad). And also baby Jake. This has taken a tole on the whole family as you can imagine! And Drew is 3 1/2 and Josh is right around 2.

I would also like to ask for prayers for Dot Norman's family from Winchester/ Dechard TN. Dot is the mother of my husbands step-father. She's been in poor health for years and years. And it looks like it's time for her to move on. She was sent home last Tuesday on Hospice. And Justin's mom, Jan, called this morning to say that her health has gotten very bad. She sleeps all of the time and she can hardly be woken up. So, it won't be long. It's a blessing, she's suffered for a long time. But I'm sure this is going to be very hard for Bobby and his sister. Please pray for them.

Also, please pray for my Granny's family. We went to visitation last night and saw everyone. And I got to say Goodbye. She looked exactly the same. I was fine while there until everyone started telling me that she loved me just as much if not more than her own. I lost it. I loved her deeply. And even though I couldn't bring myself to see her in the last years (she had Alzheimer's and didn't know anyone) I never stopped loving her. All of her family knows she's with Papaw and in a much better place. But it was still hard for Olla Bell, Frannie and Ray, her kids. And my Papaw was a state trouper (so was Ray) and a whole group of them came to pay their respects last night, and they showed lots of family pictures of Granny and Papaw. It was sad....I miss him so much too. Anyway. Granny is being buried today at 11. I can't bring myself to go. But please pray for that family!!

And I had a "revelation" of sorts on the way home last night. If I have any more kids they will most likely be girls. So I think our next little girl should be named Katherine Ann Coker. I need a K name because we have Isabella, Justin, Leslie and Maddy. So we are missing our K. And Katherine was Granny's name and Ann was my mom's best friends name. And I'm big on the shortening names like Isabella but we call her Izzy and Madelyn but we call her Maddy so we could call Katherine Kat or Katie. Love it. Haha there I go planning my future haha!! Who knows if I'll even get the blessing of having a 3rd. I would love it!!

~Blessings~

Leslie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love, love your blog!!!

I love the name Katherine Ann!

I will say a prayer for you and your family. I had no idea about your Granny. I am so sorry. I know what you mean though, I still get teary thinking about Papa.

I love you guys so much!!!