But you know what's funny? When my Aunt Rosie called yesterday to tell me about Granny, my first thought was, "WOW, she's finally where she belongs and with Papaw again!". I'm almost relieved. Maybe that's why I haven't really cried. She's been out of her mind for years now, and sick. So I guess I'm more thankful than anything that she's in Heaven, she's with Papaw and she's not suffering anymore.
Granny isn't technically related to me. Granny and Papaw kept me from when I was 3 or 4 weeks old until my little sister was born when I was like 4 1/2. Anywho. They were always part of my family! I never really had a relationship with my mom's mom. And she passed away my sophomore year of high school. My dad's mom, Nana, lives in Knoxville. But Granny and Papaw were my grandparents! I loved them both so much. Great, now I'm crying.
Ok on a happier note! Here are some pictures of Maddy's recital. My camera stinks but this is what I got! The yellow dress is her ballet dress for "Good Day Sunshine" and her white and green outfit was for "Love me Do". Yes, it was a Beatlemania show! I ordered a DVD so as soon as I get it I'll put it up!
~Les
No comments:
Post a Comment