Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wow, A Crazy Life!

I'm going to start this post by saying that I'm more blessed than I deserve. I have no idea how I got such great family and such great friends, but I did, and I'm so thankful for each and every person in my life!

I've realized over the past week that I'm losing my mind. Truly! Life is becoming overwhelming. I am forgetting things that are very important, such as assignments. I feel overwhelmed, exhausted, nauseous, and emotional. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Being pregnant and having two babies is extremely difficult. I am truly in awe of you mommies that have done it plus some!

I've had to let a lot of things slide here lately. I'm being pulled in a million directions, so it feels. My children are such a blessing, but they are truly exhausting. My home is untidy. My floors unvacuumed, and piles of laundry in my laundry basket. I've got two papers to write that are due next Tuesday. Plus 6 math assignments due next Wednesday. I also have a months worth of lesson plans to do for my class. I also have about 10 ornament art projects to put together.

My children are getting used to playing by themselves. I think I dislike that the most. It takes so much energy for me to do the smallest task, and I don't have the extra umph to do all of the fun things with my daughters like I used to. Thank God for Maddy. She is truly helping me out more than she knows.

Ah, and there is my husband. As much as he huffs and puffs, he really steps up to help me around the house. He's quick to get me what I need and truly understands when I'm sick or just feeling bad. He's kept the house in order, the laundry manageable and he keeps me motivated. He's my rock. He also goes to school and works 50 + hours a week. And yet he still finds time to make sure I know he loves me, and will always take care of me. And he truly understands that this pregnancy has been more difficult on me so far than the girls. He truly understands that I have zero energy, I've had terrible morning sickness, basically I've been useless! God Bless him.

Praise God he gave me the energy to get all of my Christmas Shopping done today. And I'm in budget, which is another blessing!

I've been neglecting relationships lately. I've let friendships slide, and haven't stayed in touch with family. But most importantly I've lost contact with my Lord and Savior. I turn to him so much during the day for guidance and patience. But I haven't sat down in a long time and just talked to him. I need to set aside time each day for just him and I. Maybe in the mornings while I'm cooking breakfast before everyone wakes up?

Mama's how are you doing it??? How do you balance your families with your God and your other responsibilities? Elizabeth? I feel like I'm letting too much go......

I am sorry to vent on the blog. I don't like negativity. But I feel better now.

God is so good. I am just in awe of his glory and his love every single moment of every single day. He knows what we need and what we don't need. He gives and he takes. I know and I trust that this difficult time will pass, and that I will only become stronger from it. I know that God truly has a plan for my life, and this baby is a huge part of it!

Monday we have another midwife appointment and I'll hopefully get a recording of the heartbeat and if I can, I'll post it! I'm so excited.

May God Bless every single one of you on this blessed Thanksgiving. Have fun and be safe and enjoy every moment with your family!!!

~Blessings~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw Leslie honey. I will pray for you. You are such a strong woman and truth be told, I look up to you. I don't know how YOU do it. You are such a fantastic mother, you're a wonderful christian and an amazing role-model. Just take a few deep breathes and stop and prioritize. Ask God to help with this and he'll surely show you what needs to be done. I'm coming to Murfreesboro tonight. I'd LOVE to get together with you Either Tomorrow or sometime this weekend, if you have time. If not, I COMPLETELY understand. I will help you with anything you need hon. (((HUGS!)))
Ashley