The highlight of my day was by far the visit from Mr. Lizard! During my class it was time for free play and I was cutting out something the kids painted for Columbus day. I asked one of my students to bring me the trash can, he did and another child said, "Mrs. Leslie there is a lizard in our home!" and I said, "That's great sweetie, I bet your mother LOVES that you have a lizard in your house" and he said, "No, it's right there!" and sure enough he had been hiding behind the trash can.
I pride myself on being able to smoosh small bugs with the wack of my shoe. But I'm really anti-creepy crawly! So I ran to the class next to mine and asked my friend Megan if she did ok with lizards. What a sweetheart she is! Not only did she cook my eggs during Green Eggs and Ham day so my room wouldn't smell, but she slayed the Lizard!
So Megan comes in and traps the lizard with a broom, I go running out and asked for something to put it in. Sweet Carla brings us a coffee can, all the while I'm hiding behind Mrs. Jenny and Megan and Vela are trying to scoup the lizard into the coffee can! They do and Megan puts some clear plastic wrap and a rubber band on top of the can so her class and my class can safetly see! The kids all loved it, especially since the tail came off during the "struggle" and was wiggling in the trash!!! Yuck!!
After Megan had successfully set the poor lizard free in a more suitable habitat, my kids and her kids made sure we knew that they were brave and were not scared of the lizard!!
How Fun!!
~Blessings~
No comments:
Post a Comment