Tuesday, August 26, 2008

RANDOMNESS

I know it's been a bit since I posted.

We are all great. Justin and I spent 3 hours at the Kitchen table last night doing homework. Yep, school has started!! I'm already struggling with my Math class. I was distracted last night by Ted Kennedy though. Tonight, no TV! I'm not a Democrat, but I do have somewhat of a fascination of the Kennedy family.

We are getting rain finally! Our ground was so dry that some of the trees were even beginning to turn!! The left overs of Fay has come through our area and we are getting a good downpour! Ya! Maddy even said last night that we had a lake in our backyard and she wanted to go fishing in it! I cracked UP!!

I have to brag on myself for a minute. Ok, let me go back. I used to be friends with a lady who was a clean freak. If you are reading this hon, I mean that in a good way!! She tried to show me that keeping a clean home was so much easier than doing it all in one day. And I just couldn't get into it. Growing up, we just cleaned up on Saturday. That is when all of our chores got done. So, that is what I was doing. Farting around all week, just doing homework, and cleaning up on Saturdays. It was pretty overwhelming!

Well I have changed the error of my ways!! I wish I would have listenend to that friend a year ago! I get up every morning and do my chores. And I LOVE having a clean home. Like right now, all of my chores are done. And it's great!! I'm less stressed with a clean home, I feel just better!! Not that my home was dirty before, but this just makes my life so much easier!!!

So, if you are reading, I want to thank you for FINALLY getting through to me :) (And I hope you are doing REALLY well!)

Our sermon on Sunday was about Bitterness. I didn't realize I had been holding in some things. I knew bitterness was toxic. I'm around it a lot. But, I didn't realize I had been harboring some bitterness. Through a lot of prayer over the couple of days, I've let it go. I just love that we hear things when we need them. Click on NBCC and check out the Sermon. Risse did an AMAZING job.

Our church is doing a month of prayer. It's been pretty cool. We are praying for students, teachers, staff, and parents. We are praying for everyone! We are even going to take a couple of Sunday's and go walk around a neighborhood near our church and tell people about Jesus!! I LOVE that we reach out to the community so much. I LOVE that. It doesn't matter that we sit in our pews, sing our songs, we have to reach out, touch people, make sure EVERYONE knows about Jesus!! He's coming, we have to be READY!!

Ok, I am going to go do some homework, and I promised Maddy we would cut. Who knew siccors would be so much fun :)

~Blessings~

No comments: