WOW what a weekend we have had!! Yesterday we became the proud owners of a 2000 Gold Honda Minivan! I always swore that I would never be a "Minivan Mommy" but I am more proud of this van than of any other vehicle we have ever owned!! God provided us with the most wonderful opportunity to purchase this van! We were able to refinance the truck and get our payments down to where it covers the payment on the van. So we are really not paying any more monthly than we were with just the truck and the car. Isn't that wild? We are so blessed! We still need to sell the truck badly, haha! We got such a great deal on the van! it needed to be cleaned up so yesterday Justin wiped down everything and I shampooed the whole van, seats, carpet, ceiling, everything! And today Justin is fixing the brakes. It needs a little cosmetic work, both of the bumpers need to be repainted and it has a small dent on the back door. The passenger side sliding door is missing a part that makes it slide smoothly, but that was an inexpensive peice and Justin will have it on Wednesday. It has so much room!! I'm just in love with the van!!!
Yesterday I drove Maddy home in the car and Justin took Izzy in the van. Maddy and I were supposed to go to a wedding shower yesterday, but we didn't make it because we were too exhausted. (No, I'm still not sleeping well) I got to talking with my neighbor yesterday before Justin got home with the van and he said one of the most interesting things! He mentioned that we were supposed to be in a bad economy right now. And I agreed. And he mentioned that they had just purchased a new car and we had just got the van. And I said that we must be doing something right or half backwards!! And he said, you know what we are doing? We are getting up on Sunday mornings!! I agreed. We don't go to church to "get" stuff. We go to church to worship our all mighty God, our savior, our Jesus Christ!! We are so blessed, not because we go to church but because we believe!! I just thought I'd share :)
Speaking of church, Brother David is doing an amazing series. We had part 2 this morning. Click on NBCC and check out the sermon's. They are about science and how it just isn't possible for their NOT to be a God. Very interesting!!
I'm getting ready to be an "official" teacher! I'm going to be teaching at Sonshine at school in the fall. I'll have my own 3 year old class! I'm so thrilled with this blessing!!
My daughters are fabulous! Izzy is really talking well now. She's picking up things every day! It's amazing to watch! Maddy went back to the doctor on Friday. She is going this upcoming Friday for an ultrasound of her kidneys. Dr. Humphrey just wants to make sure that everything is working well. Say a little prayer for her. It'll be scary, but I just have faith that she is fine.
Bailey is doing well too. She's a little Jaundice but her levels are going down. Praise God!! She's the sweetest thing!! I have more pictures that i'll update on the slideshow later.
My sister-in-law goes on Friday to find out what shes having, please pray for wide open legs!
Well the in-laws decided they wanted to come up today. I've got to go take a nap, I'm exhausted!!
~Blessings~
Leslie
No comments:
Post a Comment