Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blessed beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: This will be a Long Post!!

I dropped the kids off and went on my way to Lipscomb yesterday morning about 9 a.m. My Blackberry has a map and directions feature so I didn't look up directions and I got a little lost. I called my advisor to let her know I was running late and Justin got me back to where I should be!

20 minutes after my appointment time I arrived at her office. The whole staff there just blew me away with their friendliness and kindness and excitement that I was going to be attending their college! My advisor and I went over everything we needed and I'm proud to say....

I'M OFFICIALLY A STUDENT AT LIPSCOMB UNIVERSITY!!!

I grab a bite for lunch and head to MTSU to get some paperwork set up. I've been searching for my shot records for a couple of weeks. Lipscomb needed to see that I had been given my MMR. It is extremely difficult to find shot records for an adult!! I finally was able to call the Board of Education in Sumner County and the guy I spoke with was so super! He found what I needed, opened it up and made sure it said I had been given my MMR and faxed it over that moment, for FREE!! Usually they charge to mail you a copy, etc. And I just told him that I didn't need it as long as Lipscomb got it I was fine! Bless that sweet man!!

I also have to take the Praxis I. Scary test! I didn't score a 22 on my ACT, I scored a 21, so I have to take it and pass before I can register for my education classes, the 6 I have to take Fall semester!! I called the Sylvan Learning Center in Franklin and asked about their testing schedule and was told that they test 6 days a week but they are being scheduled 2 to 3 weeks out and I probably won't get an appointment until the end of July/beginning of August! YIKES! Well I called ETS (where you schedule your test) and was asked when I wanted to take the test. I asked for the first spot available and you won't believe it......

WEDNESDAY, JULY 9th at 8:30 a.m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just have to cram for the exam, and I need prayers!!! It's reading, writing and math. The reading and math scores I'll get back immediately but the writing has to be hand judged so it could take a couple of weeks to get that score! BUT I haven't taken a math class in 6 years and Math is my weakness!!! GULP!!!! And I had to fork out $130 for the test and if I fail a part I have to pay to retake it. We didn't really have the $130 for the test and I defiantly don't have any extra to pay to retake a part!!!!!!

But I am trusting that this is all in God's plan. The next two years of my life are going to be so hard. I'm not going to have a lot of time for friends or family. But I know everyone will understand. And it's going to be one of the most expensive times of our lives!! No it will be THE most expensive time in our lives! I just pray that God will provide us with the extra gas money haha!!!

I think it's time for us to sell Justin's truck and get a mini van. I don't know if he would go for that, but that is what we need. A really really cheap, run the wheels of van. Ya'll know of anything????

Yesterday was such an amazing day. I felt so much peace and I felt like I was really doing what God had planned for me. It's such a surreal feeling, walking down this path. I have always wanted to be a teacher and now I'm finally able to fulfill this dream!! Yesterday was full of smiles and happy tears. I'm so thankful and blessed!! Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! Our family needs them!!

CLASS OF 2010 BABY!!!!!!

~Blessings~

Leslie

1 comment:

Elizabeth S said...

Yay!!!!! How exciting.